If you love driving then the chances are that at some point you’ve thought about a career in HGV driving. You can enjoy the flexible working hours, excellent career prospects and, of course, the driving! The question is: what’s stopping you pursuing your career dreams?
Here at Surrey and Hampshire HGV Training we understand that a lot of people become anxious about the training needed to move into this career so, how hard is it to get into a career in HGV driving?
What Skills Do You Need?
As an HGV driver you will need:
– A good understanding of driving laws
– The ability to maintain your concentration over a long period of time and stay alert at all times
– To enjoy driving and navigating over long distances
Of course, you will also need your HGV licence; the type of licence you need will depend on the type of vehicle you’ll be driving. Click here to find out more about the different licences.
What Would Your Job Involve?
Before you make the decision to kick start your new career, you need to understand what your role could involve.
– Planning delivery schedule with Transport Manager
– Completing safety checks on the vehicle to ensure safe loading and unloading
– Legal maximum of working 60 hours per week
– Average working hours of 48 hours
– Salaries range from £16,500 to £33,000 per annum
To get your HGV driving career started you’ll need to undertake the necessary training to obtain your licence and here at Surrey and Hampshire HGV Training, we’re the best around. If you would like more information about our training service please visit our website or get in touch with us directly.
Get an instant quote
Trust us for local, affordable HGV training.